ONE STOP SOLUTION
What are Website Applications and why do I need them?
When websites started back in the day, their primary function was to give information. In todays era, this has changed radically. A website is now a very interactive place. Think of someone processing a shopping cart from the browser. It is a common example of website application.
A website application does for a company what e.g. an atm does for the bank. It allows transactions. Thus bringing the company to the customers place.
A closer look
Web applications are more popular because of the following reasons:
- Compared to desktop applications, web applications are easier to maintain by as they use the same code in the entire application. There are no compatibility issues.
- Web applications can be used on any platform: Windows, Linux, Mac… as they all support modern browsers.
- Mobile App store approval not required in web applications.
Released any time and in any form. No need to remind users to update their applications.
- You can access these web applications 24 hours of the day and 365 days a year from any PC.
- You can either make use of the computer or your mobile device to access the required data.
- Web applications are a cost-effective option for any organization. Seat Licenses for Desktop software are expensive where SasS, are generally, pay as you go.
- Web-Based Apps are Internet-enabled apps that are accessed through the mobile’s web browser. Therefore, you don’t require to download or install them.
When implementing a web application, you have to pay extra care to some of the following areas:
- Security is not guaranteed, so it is vulnerable for unauthorized access.
- The web app may not support multiple browsers with equal precedence.
- The web application is built explicitly for a certain operating system, so it is difficult to discover from the app store.
- Limited scope to access the device’s features.